Safer Choosing Natural Laxatives to Overcome Constipation
Reliable Medicinal Plants Overcoming DefecationSome herbs commonly used to treat constipation are:
- Psyllium.Herba is a laxative with natural fibers that help form feces. Phsyllium is often used for chronic constipation or constipation and can be combined with other laxatives, both natural and synthetic. The reaction can cause allergies, nausea, abdominal pain and vomiting.
- Casacara Sagrada (Buckthorn). This is a famous herbal laxative and is derived from buckthorn bark extract. This extract can trigger bowel movements. Generally used for short periods, although it can cause stomach pain and electrolyte imbalance. While long-term use can cause liver disorders.
- Slippery elm is a sap that stimulates the digestive system's nerves. This herb will trigger mucus production and overcome constipation. The use of this herb with other drugs can reduce absorption if taken together. The effects of long-term use are still being studied.
- Senna, an herb commonly used to treat constipation and cleanse the large intestine before undergoing medical procedures. Long-term use with high doses is reported to cause liver disorders.
- Rhubarb (taro tree trunk) has a laxative and antidiarrheal effect due to its tannin content. This herb can only be used for a short period of time.